The course will interest you if you work for:
- the Health Service;
- an NHS Trust; or
- a company in the health sector.
The morning session will cover Plain English Campaign’s main recommendations for clearer writing.
(Note: if you have been on the one-day ‘plain English course’ in the last year or so, you will find you have already covered these recommendations.)
Examples will cover such techniques as:
- writing short sentences;
- using bullet points;
- being ‘active’ not ‘passive’; and
- using verbs to emphasise action.
The afternoon session will focus on design techniques and editing examples of medical literature.
The day is very interactive, and will include such topics as:
- hospital appointment letters;
- patient information leaflets; and
- ‘over-the-counter’ medicines.
If you have any questions about this course, or if you want to make a booking, please phone Terri on 01663 744409 or email email@example.com.